Publishing Assistant: This position will report directly to the VP of Business Affairs who oversees all contracts, licenses, subpublishing and performing rights organization functions. This position requires a keen eye for detail and analytical thinking that is critical to the success of the Megatrax royalty system. Megatrax is the leading independent production music source for exclusive music worldwide. Founded by composers and still run by composers, our music has been featured in thousands of feature films, trailers, TV shows, commercials, promos, presentations, webcasts, podcasts and more.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING, OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED:
- Miscellaneous projects including complex data input, proofreading, creating spreadsheets and reports.
- Reading and interpreting agreements and input sheets.
- Analyze and audit BMI/ASCAP/SESAC statements.
- Analyze and audit subpublishing statements
- Register SESAC titles for new releases.
- Collect, review, analyze, correct cue sheets.
- Disseminate cue sheets worldwide.
- Register titles with the US copyright office
- Enter composer data into Music Source
- Completion of musician agreement process
- Maintain CD files with composer agreements, musician agreements, copyright registrations
- Special projects as assigned by other members of publishing/customer service team
- Other duties as assigned.
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks including but not limited to sending faxes, filing and making copies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- College graduate.
- Working knowledge of legal concepts related to music publishing
- Basic understanding of music rights and copyrights.
- Solid computer knowledge. PC, internet, word processing, spread sheet, email.
- Proficient in Excel, including pivot tables
- Must be detail oriented with good analytical skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as with others.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred but not required.